Job Title: Education Coordinator, Physicianship
Client: Prestigious public university’s medical center
Location: Chicago, IL
Start Date: Sept., 2015
Ideal Salary: TBD
Reports to: Director, Curriculum & Education Management
The Physicianship Program is an integrated, two-year program for first and second year medical students. The Education Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to ensure successful implementation, maintenance, continuous improvement and evaluation of the Physicianship Program. In addition to providing administrative support, the coordinator is responsible for the management and execution of all elements of the program. Exemplifies the mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Management: 50%
- Manage all aspects of implementation to ensure program objectives are met.
- Implement elements of curriculum including objectives, educational methods and assessments in accordance with faculty direction and department vision.
- Communicate with faculty, staff and students regarding program status, program adjustments, and/or specific projects.
- Manage all course materials including syllabi, calendars and schedules, course reviews, in-person and online modules, quizzes, exams, etc.
- Manage file sharing of course materials with faculty, staff and students through various systems including Blackboard, Drop Box, SharePoint, etc.
- Develop relationships with Program faculty through regular, personalized communications and a customer service approach.
- Manage all student activities and logistics associated with executing the Program.
- Promote a positive and productive environment, encouraging teamwork and communication and demonstrating a collaborative and innovative attitude toward the Program.
- Independently problem solve when issues arise and seek assistance when unable or unsure how to solve a problem.
- Send email reminders and text pages to faculty and students to ensure a seamless experience.
- Manage the Physicianship calendar including scheduling of events and rooms.
- Prepare and distribute all necessary materials for the Program, both print and electronic.
- Author agendas, action items and other materials to support the Physicianship faculty’s weekly meetings and the Physicianship Work Group’s monthly meetings, as well as any ad hoc meetings.
- Perform administrative functions for Program leadership.
- Assist in operations support, including maintenance of office equipment and supplies and the execution of special events including those outside the program (e.g.: graduation, awards ceremonies, recruitment days).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 2 year’s work experience in a higher education setting required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail desired. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to exhibit a professional, courteous manner when communicating with medical students, faculty and staff desired. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and a positive attitude desired.
Ability to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines, set goals, manage multiple complicated tasks and work with minimal to no supervision. Ability to perform as a team player, show enthusiasm and patience and act as a role model/resource for other department administrative support staff. Ability to take initiative and represent the college independently and demonstrate professionalism in dealing with confidential information. Ability to anticipate problems before they arise and solve others as they occur. Ability to work with faculty and students in a collegial and collaborative manner. This position will require some evenings and weekends.